Thursday, March 5, 2009

Never the last word

Well, as I wrote last time, I thought I had heard the final word about our situation with the County on the loft. As you must have guessed by reading even this far, I was wrong.
The building contractor & electrician were both in today, telling me that there never was an inspection scheduled for Monday, and that there was much worse coming. Now that Miami Dade County is involved, there are going to be more inspections for everything - and that included electric, air conditioning, the loft, etc. etc. etc.
We have just about everything cleared away (brought downstairs) - but we did leave some of the stained glass panels upstairs thinking they would be safer there and could be brought down as soon as the contractor comes in to remove the stairs. Now he's saying that the entire loft structure is scheduled for demolition. It's as if the building manager never heard me the many times I told him that we need to keep the framework in place for lighting and display! The contractor promised to see if he could get the permit changed to allow for the "trellis" - so please keep positive thoughts!
If you want to be notified if we're forced to move, please send me an email or subscribe to the newsletter. I'm still hoping to stay.
We're also planning to make some Sunday sidewalk sales here this month and next. We have some furniture, a lot of dress & upholstry fabrics, antique lighting fixtures and pieces, craft items, kits and patterns for stained glass, display cases, books, and frames for sale. Check back to see the actual dates. Tentatively planned so far are the 15th & 29th of March.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home